Summary of Responsibilities
Supervisors and senior accountants direct and review the work of staff accountants and are capable of making decisions on most accounting, tax, and auditing matters. Depending on the nature of the engagement they are able to work directly with clients and with little supervision.
Functions and Roles
- Plan and supervise various phases of audit engagements and work on more complicated areas of the audit
- Have and maintain technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff on audits, compilations, reviews and tax work
- Prepare complex individual tax returns
- Communicate with the client accounting personnel on accounting matters
- Objectively evaluate staff accountants
- Work directly with partners and managers on special projects
- Work with partners and managers to develop training programs for staff
Required experience and skills
- Minimum three to five years of auditing and tax experience.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant or working towards certification
- Good Communication skills
- Experience with Profx tax, engagment and document or similar paperless office software, a plus